Latest News From the UK S2000 Owners Club
Here is a preview of the S2KUK 2016 calendar! This year it also includes key meets and events, pre-populated!
ORDER yours now for DELIVERY BEFORE CHRISTMAS!*:
*Delivery before Christmas can only be guaranteed for orders made before 12th December and for UK only. Other countries depend on local postal services
Thanks to everyone who submitted photos and who voted for the calendar pictures. The voting has finished and the results are in!
Well done to all the winners!
We will have representative images of the calendar soon, but if anyone wants to PRE-ORDER their copies, you can now do so here (along with other merchandise):
The winning 12 entries for the calendar are below....
We recently received this email of thanks from a relatively new member who contacted us via facebook when he had some problems with his S2000...
"Value for money!
I'd just like to openly applaud S2KUK for stepping in and helping when I was at my wits end and facing a lengthy legal battle. My ultra reliable F20C engine in my 08 pride and joy S2000 decided to blow itself up, even though I'd cared for it like a babe. I'd reached a stalemate with my local dealer, who refused to honour the warranty and after removing the engine and stripping it said the fault was mine and made me remove what was left of my car from their premises, charging me for dismantling. I was £3000 down and left with a destroyed car, quoted £15000 by the dealer for a new engine or faced a further £3000 for a replacement from a write-off.
Looking through the S2KI forums I came across a load of interesting information about similar problems other owners had. I contacted Ian who runs the S2KUK club and he put me in direct contact with the right person at Honda UK. The guy even came to visit me at home to work out a plan to get my car sorted! Honda reimbursed all my outlay to date, arranged to get the car back to the dealer and put in it a brand new engine!
I now have my S2000 back to perfection but had I not had the help of S2KUK, the forums and Ian I would have been out of pocket to the tune of £6000! Pretty good value for the membership fee if you ask me!
Well done S2KUK!!"
We will be producing another S2KUK Calendar this year, so now it is time to start getting your pictures or cameras out, and to submit your photo entries via email! Please READ amd FOLLOW the rules and instructions - ESPECIALLY the first one!
RULES AND REGULATIONS
We all want to see great shots of the S2000, so we have high standards for submissions.
- Photos need to meet a minimum resolution for print purposes. That minimum is "high resolution" - at least 150 dpi, in tif, png, jpg formats. As a guide, photos should generally be 3-4 MB in size or more
- You CAN obscure license plates if you wish.
- Photos need to be cropped "loose" this is to avoid having some great submissions that we can’t use because the image was already cropped too tight to the S2000.
- Try and leave some space around the S2000 so the image can be cropped to fit the calendar.
- No watermarks allowed.
- NO NUDITY - images must be work and family safe.
- If there is enough demand for hot ladies (or men!) posing we may do a short run of an alternative calendar.
- ONE ENTRY ONLY per person (so choose wisely) You may if you wish supercede your entry as many times as you want.
- The photo could have been taken BY YOU any time.
- Photos can't just be "driveway" shots, no hose and bucket in the background. You need to be creative, artistic, and unique! At least find a scenic spot to take the pic!
- Lots of people take the ubiquitous 1/4 front or 1/4 rear view, and we can only have so many similar poses in a calendar, so taking the time to do something different and interesting will count toward the submissions
- The calendar is not for profit, and stresses the love we have for our cars.
How to make a submission
- When you have a photo to submit, rename it with the following format: "Real_Name.jpg" (YOUR NAME not actually Real_Name.jpg!)
- Email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photos have to be emailed for entry. This is your tacit consent that they can be used in the calendar, and on the S2KUK website.
- Submissions not following the criteria above will be rejected without notice so please follow the instructions!
Submission deadline will be 30TH SEPTEMBER 2015 at 23:59 SO YOU DON'T HAVE LONG!
Submissions will then be put on the S2KUK website for voting.
Remember, submissions need to be EMAILED.
If they are not emailed, they are not entered.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT COPYRIGHT
By entering this calendar competition you are giving licence to S2KUK (UK S2000 Owners Club) to use your image for publication in the calendar and on the S2KUK website.
IF YOU DO NOT OWN COPYRIGHT of the image - that is if YOU did not take the photograph it will not qualify for the competition.
DO NOT ENTER WITH A PHOTO YOU DID NOT TAKE, as it can have serious consequences if it is published.
By entering a photo to the competition you are agreeing to indemnify UK S2000 Owners Club against any action regarding copyright should you have entered a photo of which you do not own copyright.
We will have images of the calendar pages during the course of the week, but anyone who wants to PRE-ORDER their copies, you can now do so here (along with other merchandise):
(This is not an image of this years calendar, only a representation!)